Thursday, March 15, 2012

MUSIC

.."ONE GOOD THING ABOUT MUSIC, IS WHEN IT HITS YOU FEEL NO PAIN"...
                                                                      -BOB MARLEY

          Many days in life we go through struggles. Some days may be harder than others. And some just flow as smooth as the favorite tunes we hum to each and every day! I myself, never realized how much of a music lover I was until I really needed it in my own life. I've always been a fan of Bob Marley and Tupac Shakur. I in my opinion, believe these two to be the greatest of all time in there own genre of music. Each has there own originality. And the both are now legends. But why do they make such an impact on me?..... Well it goes back to the year 2005. This was the year I actually realized that I was depressed. So like I mentioned in earlier posts, I turned to poetry. But that wasn't it. I also was inspired by music. I began to listen more and more to the music of Bob Marley and Tupac. And it seemed the more and more I listened to their music, the more and more inspired I was to write. My mind was overflowing with topics that I was writing on anything I could get my hands on. Also the smooth melodies of reggae music had uplifted me each and everytime I would be stuck in negative thoughts. And in times I needed strength, the lyrics of Mr. Shakur would help me build the courage to keep on fighting. Life is worth every little minute. And every minute lost, is a minute wasted. Where would I be without music? I know I wouldn't be where I'm at today if it wasn't for the inspiration of the men who have lived before me. ..."Keep your head up".. (Tupac) and ..."emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"...(Bob Marley).
Live free of sadness, and keep pressing on, and use music as a tool to keep on fighting the good fight!!! 
 THE OPTIMIST
 In a world of black and white,
I gladly choose, to see color.
Many seem to lack the fight,
But still I stand a little taller.

Some cry because of rain,

As I toast it with champagne.
Some cry because of Able,
As I forgive his brother Cain.

Brutal Pain, it weakens many,

but somehow it strengthens my tender soul.
Some refuse to give a penny,
As I continue to give them whole!

It is not what they will see,

It is not what they will do.
But it is how they will react,
That keeps me following through and through.

Hopeless as they sit,

I anticipate and wait.
The homeless take another hit,
But I think it is never too too late.

Some they cry because it's over.

As I smile until the end.
Many dream of four leaf clovers,
As I wish them for my friends.

They defy the helpless poor,

As I ponder my last wish.
They lock the unlocked door,
As I wish, to be an Optimist!

                       -bRimiS


No comments:

Post a Comment